- Simplified analysis and reporting of ambulatory visits
- Accurately calculates expected payment for ambulatory services
- Appropriate for all patient populations and payers, not just Medicare beneficiaries
Ambulatory care may be less complex than inpatient care, but it is no less important to understand patient case mix and resource use in this setting. A better alternative to the CMS APC System, it is appropriate for use with all ambulatory patients, not just Medicare beneficiaries. Unlike CMS APCs, it assigns an EAPG group to every line item, and every payable line item has a payment weight.
- Abstracting and coding to classify outpatient services into patient groups with similar clinical characteristics and expected resource use
- Billing, patient accounting and denials management to calculate accurate costs and reimbursement
- Benchmarking, analytics and reporting as a quality measure and to calculate an outpatient case mix index (also called "service mix index")